Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vegetarian Low Fat Mexi-Tarts
So, I went to tart cafe recently http://www.tartcafe.com , and got pretty excited thinking about lil personal tarts!
So, I decided to attempt a tex mex tart first. I bought mini quiche tins, put a couple layers of wheat Filo Dough inside (bought it from Central Market in the frozen pie section). It breaks apart in your hands but you can just layer the pieces on top of each other, about 3 layers and they will cook together but still be flaky like filo. Then I added a dollop of ff (fat free) cream cheese at the bottom, then about 1/4 a cup of browned quorn, bell peppers, and onions with taco seasoning added to it in the skillet and some water so it wouldn't dry out. I put in a tablespoon or two of loose corn that I steamed in the microwave for a couple minutes, and smart balance cheddar and 1-2 tablespoons of some fancy hard spanish cheese we found at central market. We each got 2 and I estimate their points value to be from 4-5 points per tart depending on how much and what kind of cheese you use. I think next time I would just have one tart with a side salad or even a bean salad. I also topped mine with a lil warm Tejas salsa. mmmmmmmm.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: