Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Diet Soda Challenge
My fellow ww-friend Anna Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting, recently told me that she wanted to cut diet sodas out of her diet. I kinda laughed it off since diet sodas are no calories, thinking drinking them wouldn't change anything. I'm a diet soda addict (meaning I have to have at least one a day) so I think I just didn't want to comprehend giving up my bubbly.
Then I thought about it more. Consuming aspartame everyday is not exactly a good thing. Also, the carbonated can lead to bloating and gas (not pleasant I know). So I got back to Anna and decided to try to cut the diet coke out. I'm replacing it with tea to which I add Stevia, a natural calorie free sweetener made from Stevia Leaf. I found this Article .which doesn't go into why we gain weight from diet sodas. Then I found this Article which debates aspartame and it's long-term effects. I can't say now whether quittting diet coke will lead to any amount of weight loss, but it can't be a bad thing to reduce your intake of aspartame and cut down on the carbonated beverages. So, Anna and I will be taking on this challenge to see if we can find any results of our own. I can't say that I won't have ANY diet cokes, but for now I'm trying to resist them completely and not rely on them each day. Wish us luck!

No comments: