Tuesday, March 20, 2007



Sweet Potato Fries!


I have been enjoying my baked zucchini fries lately, but I needed to break it up. I didn't want to get burnt out on them and I wanted to try something new. I have never really liked sweet potatoes much, but I have recently tried BBQ sweet potatoes and teriyaki sweet potatoes so when my boyfriend suggested we make sweet potato fries, I decided to give it a go!

Ingredients: 1 large Yam salt
pepper
Fat Free Butter Flavored cooking spray


Directions:
Cut into thin strips.
Spray baking sheet with ff butter spray, lay the fries out, spray them once more, and sprinkle salt and a little pepper on top.
Bake them at 400 degrees for about 20-30 mins, flipping then mid-way.


You want them to get just a little brown, a couple super thin ones might burn a tad, but I like then almost burnt. It's something about the sweet and salty combination that makes these addictive! We made them two nights in a row and I had to stop myself.
We ate these with fake grilled chicken (1.5 pts) on lite sourdough bread (1 pt) and a little mozzarella (1 pt)
One cup of yams is 2 pts, so I think our yam made 2 servings. So this is a 5.5 point meal!

No comments: