Friday, March 02, 2007


Spinach & Black Bean Quesadillas
So I found this recipe on Roni's WW Page, and wanted to try it myself. I was able to lower the points a little so that these tortillas, with a tablespoon of fat free sour cream and plenty of salsa is 3 pts total! Once I bought the ingredients, I ate this several nights in a week, making it a quick, easy, and low-point meal. When I come home at night, I'm not in the mood for a frozen dinner. I usually only like to eat those at work since they are easy and cheap.
Ingredients:
Handful of fresh spinach leaves
Chopped grilled onion or fresh green onion
Low fat or fat free refried Beans ( I only use about 1/6th of the can)
2 fat free La Tortilla Factory tortillas check it out
1 oz 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
Fat Free cooking spray (garlic or butter flavored)

Spread tortillas with black beans, add toppings, cook in skillet on medium to low heat (to prevent tortillas from burning before the cheese melts), about 2-3 minutes for each side. Let cool, cut, and eat with a side of fat free sour cream (I do one tablespoon) and salsa.

No comments: