Wednesday, July 23, 2008

















Polenta with Eggplant, Mushrooms, and Mozzarella

Makes 4 servings, 5 points each

Ingredients:
16-18 oz tube of polenta
14 oz can of diced tomatoes flavored with garlic, basil, and oregano, Drained
1 package mushrooms, sliced
1 eggplant (this recipe called for zucchini, but I wasn’t in the mood)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese,

Directions:
Cut eggplant into thin (1/2”), bite-size slices and broil on greased baking pan for about 25 minutes on 450, until golden. Cut Polenta into 8 rounds (I had 18 oz so did 9 rounds). Cook on oiled skillet, medium heat, about 3 minutes on each side, till golden. Remove from skillet and set aside. Place mushrooms in skillet and sauté about 7 minutes. Add tomato, salt, pepper and cook 1-2 minutes, turn off heat. Arrange 2 polenta rounds on plate. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and eggplant on top. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella. Enjoy!

*I found this recipe to needed a little extra kick. You might consider adding a pinch of cumin to the mushrooms and tomatoes. I topped mine with salsa (adding some extra moisture and tang), and roasted garlic cloves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks really good, although I would make my polenta from scratch as I am not crazy about the taste of the polenta in the tube.