Monday, August 21, 2006






Vietnamese Sammich, or Banh Mi
I was craving a vietnamese sammich, but wanted to try it on my own. So, I went to the grocery store and bought:
1 French Roll (this was actually a bollio, but for 20 cents, wutevz)
cilantro
cucumbers
shredded carrots
Quorn Naked Cutlets
I had low fat mayo at home (usually have ff nayonaise though), hoison sauce, one onion, Paul Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing, and soy sauce

First, I marinated the chicken (cut in half) and shredded carrots for about 15 mins in couple tablespoons of the sesame ginger dressing and soy sauce.
I cooked the chicken and a handful of onion on the skillet with some of the marinade and set the carrots aside to drain a little. While that cooked, I chopped the cucumber and cilantro. I took my lil baguette untoated but most places serve it toasted, and spread some mayo. Then I added all the veggies and chicken, cilantro, and put a little hoison on top. I usually get either tofu or bbq pork, but for an at-home healthy version, I'll try the fake chicken again. They also usually put fresh jalapeno on the sammich, but I'm a wuss so I left it off.

No comments: